Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Community

   As I reflect over this past year I think about different events that took place and the highs and lows in between. As I contemplate this past year I realize that with many of those events I associate certain people and friends. Life is made more tolerable or more joyful dependent upon who you get to share it with. As I walk through different phases of life I have come to realize that often times  people are only in your life for a season. However the need for those people in your life never fades. We were designed to need relationships. The cultivation of community is often times a puzzling factor. What is it that connects you to people? Why do you instantly connect to some people and not to others? How do I foster community?
     One of the major goals of Harvest of Talents is to create community. When people are working towards one common goal or mission that unites them together. Through this event the prayer is that people will connect with people who share similar interests or talents and it will unite people who have different skills and gifts. I look forward to Harvest of Talents East TN in this new year, but even more than that I am anxiously awaiting the new friends and community that will be discovered through this journey.

- Rachel

1 comment: